80% of car shoppers who walk through a dealership’s doors do not establish contact with the dealer prior to their initial visit. (Northwood University Study 2008)
58% of used car shoppers and 50% of new car shoppers said the internet was the media that influenced them to choose the dealer that they purchased their vehicle from. (Polk Study Feb 2011)
Online is where you win the customer and convince them to physically come to your dealership.
Our Training teaches you how to do High Quality merchandising of your Dealership, and your Vehicles online.
Complete our training and receive our “On-Line Merchandising Playbook” for FREE.
Sales Shifter Training Includes:
- In-depth understanding of the customer shopping process.
- Importance of consistent messaging in all advertising and across all media.
- Online best practices that include how to take great pictures and write compelling seller comments for your inventory.
- Best practices for merchandising and marketing your Dealership.
To take advantage of reaching customers in this new way of car shopping, online presence is imperative. It’s starts with understanding what your customer is doing and how to market to them.
Search engines provide some of the first steps most buyers use on their way, though social media is becoming a close second.
Is your website positioned to take advantage of this?
Can you answer all of the following questions?
- How many people are visiting your Website?
- What are they doing when they get to your website – are they looking at new, used, certified, service or parts?
- Do they come to your site and leave after looking at the first page they see? What is my bounce rate on my site?
- How did they find your website?
- How are people searching online and then how do they find your website?
- What search engines and 3rd party sites are sending people to your website?
- What is the amount of time a shopper stays on your website?
- What are the page views for each of the pages on your site? And what pages are the most popular? Eg: Your specials or incentives pages
- Do you have the right keywords to help drive SEO traffic to the your website?
- What words are bringing you traffic to the website? Where does your site rank for those terms?
- What keywords do your competitors rank for?
- Is the content on the site current and fresh for the shopper visiting? Most dealerships that are growing their web traffic are updating their site on a regular basis. Are You?
There are many more questions you need to know the answers to before you know for certain if an advertising program is working for you. Are you doing all the right things to keep the shopper on your virtual lot? YOUR DEALERSHIP WEBSITE!!!!!